I really enjoy trying new recipes and experimenting with flavors to see what turns out the best. Tonight I made easy chicken enchilada pasta and not only can you make it in one pot, which is great for clean up, but it only takes 20 minutes! Another great thing about this recipe is it can easily be altered to include anything you want.
You will need:
Serves 4-6 people.
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and green onions
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 box shells pasta
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 skinned chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and place in large pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. To keep the moisture in the chicken, add a small amount of water into the pot. Cook chicken on high heat until cooked thoroughly.
2. Add chicken broth, Rotel tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and cumin. Mix together and let mixture come to a boil.
3. Add shells pasta and cheddar cheese. Turn heat down and place a lid on the pot. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
4. Once pasta is tender, top with more cheese and chopped roma tomatoes. Feel free to add anything else you would like. These are just our personal favorites.
Since this is easy changed to allow you for your personal touch, you could add anything from bell peppers to cilantro. Just try different ingredients to fit your taste! Let me know what you added in the comments below!